How to Repair a Carpet Burn
Once your carpet has been burned there is no way to reverse the damage, however there are a couple of thing that you can do to minimize the eyesore and Repair a Carpet Burn.
QUICK FIX ONE
- With scissors, carefully cut out the burnt fibers from the carpet.
- Use a mild soap to clean the burned area use a sponge and rinse.
- Cut some carpet fibers near the edge of a wall or inside a closet somewhere that it won’t be noticeable.
- Glue your newly appropriated fibers onto the carpet to conceal the burn spot.
QUICK FIX TWO
- Cut out the burned part of the carpet.
- Using a piece of scrap carpet cut out an area of the carpet that is a little larger than the burnt spot, make sure the pattern runs in the same direction.
- Place the new piece of carpet over the burned area.
- Use a utility knife to cut around the edges. You’ll also want to cut through the carpet below it. When you’re cutting be sure not to cut the carpet padding below.
- Remove the burnt chunk of carpet. Make sure the new piece of carpet fits the hole cut it until it is the same size as the removed piece.
- Use double sided carpet tape and carpet seam sealer then apply the new piece of carpet to the removed area. You have now repaired your carpet burn!