How to Repair a Carpet
Once your carpet has a hole warn through there is no way to reverse the damage, however there is one thing that you can do to minimize the eyesore and repair a carpet.
1. Cut out a square section around the hole in the carpet.
2. Using a piece of scrap carpet cut out an area of the carpet that is a little larger than the spot where the hole is. If there is a pattern make sure the pattern runs in the same direction.
3. Place the new piece of carpet over the damaged area.
4. Use a utility knife to cut around the edges. You’ll also want to cut through the carpet below it. When you’re cutting be sure not to cut the carpet padding below.
5. Remove the damaged chunk of carpet. Make sure the new piece of carpet fits the hole, cut it until it is the same size as the removed piece.
6. Using double sided carpet tape with some carpet seam sealer and apply the new piece of carpet to the removed area. You have now repaired your carpet!